A family business since 1948 that started with humble beginnings making shoes in a converted parachute plant, Cougar Shoes has refined their craft over decades to grow into a Canadian all weather, all season footwear staple with global distribution. Today, Cougar is a style leader producing footwear that is more fashionable than ever before.
Playing on its Canadian roots, the brand remains true to its heritage by mixing fashion with the function they have always been known for. Whatever the weather. Modern footwear made to function.
We are looking for an expert in ecommerce marketing who is passionate about digital to join our marketing team. Your contribution will be key in helping to accelerate our digital growth and building brand awareness through an outstanding site experience.
Job Description – Manager eCommerce & Digital Experience
This position reports to the VP Marketing and is focused on overseeing and managing all aspects of cougarshoes.com, our B2C website. In all areas of responsibility, ensures the various elements are on brand and consistent with Cougar’s standards reflecting our look, tone of voice and style reflective of our brand DNA, while integrating and optimizing all ecommerce elements to ensure online sales forecasts are achieved.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute and deliver winning strategies to achieve annual eCommerce financial plans.
- Ensures the daily operations of the overall site runs smoothly, partners with customer service team to support and owns the relationship with all external website vendors.
- Manage product lifecycles: onboarding all new seasonal product to site and oversee ongoing changes to inventory, pricing, colour and country availability.
- Implement monthly content calendar changes in partnership with VP Marketing that align to new product deliveries, seasonality, ensures newness and tells our brand story.
- Execute the SEO strategy in partnership with our digital agency by ensuring site content is optimized, search tactics are executed, and backlink strategies are in place to increase the quality and quantity of organic traffic to relevant product categories.
- Increase email subscriber base by developing a robust email program using Shopify’s Klaviyo platform; analyze ongoing subscriber behavior and provide insights on our different customer profiles.
- Work with our digital agency to deliver digital media campaigns to build brand awareness, generate interest, leverage intent and deliver sales conversions.
- Create new website pages and seasonal content for site. Both internal and external briefing required, as well as collaboration with a graphic designer and copy writer.
- Optimize website content across all devices and assess performance against KPI’s (i.e., unique visits, return visits, time on site, conversions, units per transaction, etc.)
- Maintain website pages, including web copy, reviewing & approving customer comments and reviews
- Planning and executing of all online sales and promotions, including performance tracking and reporting.
- Manage ongoing technical troubleshooting: work with Shopify to identify, diagnose and eliminate any website bugs that negatively impact the digital customer journey
- Reporting: Create annual Ecommerce forecast followed by monthly website sales reports, Google, and site analytics dashboard
- Leverage insights from data that help increase sales, Conversion, Average Order Value (AOV) and Repeat purchases etc.
Evaluation of the duties will be based on the following:
- You are passionate about brand marketing and act as a Cougar brand ambassador.
- Uses expertise and strategic thinking to approach all digital efforts aligning with corporate objectives.
- Ability to anticipate upcoming work and ability to prioritize current workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to independently follow-up and follow through on assignments completing on time, on budget and on brand.
- Routine and timely communication with VP Marketing.
- Ability to manage arising internal and external issues and inquiries in a prompt, professional manner.
- Is a creative thinker who can troubleshoot solutions both long and short-term.
- Ability to build a strong rapport and liaise with internal cross functional teams, external agencies, freelance partners and working effectively with all levels in the organization.
- You have solid knowledge and working experience on the Shopify Plus platform.
- You have min 5 years experience in eCommerce, site merchandising, and/or marketing for consumer brand and/or retail. Footwear experience is a plus!
- Understanding of the consumer retail and trade cycles and bringing collections to market in both on-line and off-line channels.
- Understanding and applied knowledge of SEM tactics (including both PPC & SEO) and paid social media tactics
- Experience executing digital partnerships and managing the deployment of email marketing campaigns
- Well versed in Shopify & Google Analytics, proficient in analyzing data, generating insights and packaging/presenting results; Google Analytics Certification a plus!
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Comfortable with InDesign, Power Point, working with photo files, google drives a must.
- Ability to embrace innovation and changes for continuous improvements.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and is enthusiastic to new challenges and opportunities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize workload accordingly.
Like what you see and think the “shoe fits”? Apply today.
Email your resume, introduce yourself and let Jackie our Head of Marketing know why your experience is suited for this role. email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.